Hannes Tretter, Chairman of the Board of the Vienna Forum, was nominated by mutual agreement by the Federal Minister of Justice and the Federal Ministry of the Interior in December 2020 as a habilitated member of the Quality Advisory Board at the Federal Agency for Care and Support Services GmbH (BBU). The Quality Advisory Board commenced its activities with its constitutive meeting on January 13, 2021, at which Sabine Matejka, President of the Association of Austrian Judges and Member of the Advisory Board of the Vienna Forum for Democracy and Human Rights, was elected Chairperson and Hannes Tretter was elected Deputy Chairperson.
The duties of the Quality Advisory Board include, among others
- advising the management of the BBU, the divisional management of legal counseling as well as the Federal Minister of Justice and the Federal Minister of the Interior,
- the preparation of recommendations and proposals for the quality assurance of the current and future tasks of legal counseling and representation,
- the participation in the preparation of standards for the provision of legal advice and representation and the development of uniform training concepts, which serve a qualitative, instruction-free and independent legal advice and representation,
- the submission of recommendations and proposals for the further development as well as the strengthening and improvement of qualitative, free from instructions and independent legal advice and representation
- preparing and, as appropriate, publishing reports on its activities and annual reports.